Cops and Donuts Pokie — My Review
What can be funnier than a joke based on stereotypes? Only a pokie based on stereotypes. As you could have guessed from the name, this time we are talking about one inseparable couple — policemen and donuts. IGT, a famous casino games developer, turned a popular stereotype into a popular pokie machine that has gained millions of fans from all over the world. But what made this game so popular?
First of all, it’s a theme. There is hardly a person who doesn’t enjoy a little laugh at silly but cute cops fighting the crimes while chewing on donuts. Secondly, it’s the graphics. Even though Cops and Donuts is quite an old-school game, it looks much ahead of its time. And, finally, it’s the bonus rounds which we’ll talk about later.
Thanks to the 96% RTP rate and medium volatility, it’s a pokie with 5 reels and 20 paylines that will perfectly suit gamblers who prefer average yet stable winnings to big wins combined with big losses.
Cops and Donuts — How to Play
- Find a casino that has Cops and Donuts pokie machine
- Set your bet amount. Cops and Donuts allows betting as little as $0.01, although I believe that penny bets don’t really make sense. The maximum bet limit in Cops and Donuts pokie is $50.
- Deposit the money and hit the “Spin” button. If you are lucky to trigger a bonus round, just follow the instructions on the screen to get more wins.
Cops and Donuts Pokie Bonus Features
As I’ve already mentioned, bonuses are the thing that makes Cops and Donuts pokie so loved by players from Australia and the rest of the world. While most of the pokies offer simple free spins rounds, IGT sprinkled Cops and Donuts game with interactive mini-games:
- The Speed Trap Bonus. This bonus round is triggered once you get a police car symbol on the first reel and a speed limit sign on the last reel. In this case, you’ll be pulled over by a cop and required to pick one of the excuses from the screen — from the most basic ones like “I was just keeping up with traffic” to the more dangerous “I’m in a hurry, your wife is expecting me”. Each excuse is hiding an instant win, so pick one and see what you get.
- The Donut Eating Bonus. Once you get three “Fresh donuts” symbols on the same reel, you’ll be taken by a donut shop. Pick a donut, let a policeman eat it, and reveal how much money you get.
As I have mentioned in the table above, there are also a wild symbol (the police badge) and a scatter symbol (the mugshot of a criminal) available in this game.
Where to Play Cops and Donuts Pokie
Unfortunately, there is no way to play Cops and Donuts for free as this pokie is not available online yet. But I’m keeping my eye on it and will add it to my list as soon as IGT decides to turn its legendary game into an online pokie. For the same reason, you can’t play Cops and Donuts for real money in one of the best casino websites and will have to look for a land-based venue that has this machine. If this is not something you want to do, take a look at my list of the best online pokies in Australia and find one available online.
Cops and Donuts is one of the funniest pokies I’ve ever played — it has nice graphics, rewarding bonus rounds, and can be quite lucrative with luck on your side. Nevertheless, I can’t recommend it to every gambler just because there is no online version, and not everyone has a land-based casino around.
Explore Our Complete Collection of Pokie Reviews
|Big Red (Aristocrat)||97,04%||5|
|Heart of Vegas||96,09%||100|
|Hot Shot Progressive||96,03%||40|
|King of Slots||97%||25|
|Lucky 7 Betsoft||97%||1|
|Pixies of the Forest||93,95%||99|
|Queen of The Nile||94,88%||20|
|The Wizard of OZ||95,99%||30|
|Where's The Gold||95%||25|